The Market

Cushman has been a neighborhood market since it orginally opened in 1895.

In addition to being a neighborhood market, it included a post-office (front counter is the orginal post office desk), gas station and lamp fixture repair shop. It however, has never been a train station, which was located across the street in the town green. One of the original train signal lamps is hanging by our front door.